For Immediate release Burlington, Ontario
Media Contact: Shane Devenish Contact Information: (905) 315-3156
Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association holds 1st Board Meeting under new Chairman McDermott
October 5, 2017
Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association held their 1st Board Meeting under new Chairman Jeff McDermott of Wells Fargo in Cambridge, Ontario October 3rd-4th, 2017. Jeff replaces Roger Faulkner of General Coach Canada who had previously served as the CRVA President for 3 terms 1996-2001, 2005-2006 and most recently from 2010 -2017. Mr. Faulkner, on the CRVA Board since 1990, will remain on the CRVA Board as Past Chairman.
It is believed that this is the first time that both RVIA and CRVA have its Chairman employed by the same company in the same year. Robert (Bob) Parish, also of Wells Fargo is the current RVIA Chairman.
CRVA’s Board of Directors were joined by Eleonore Hamm and Sam Parks from RVDA of Canada as well as Robert Trask of Canadian Camping and RV Council (CCRVC) to collaborate on the issues currently impacting the RV Industry in Canada including- NAFTA negotiations, Go RVing Canada update, the Private Campground Small Business Tax issue and a discussion on ways to better promote CRVA and its members.
CRVA’s Board and industry partner guests enjoyed the opportunity to have a guided tour of Hymer Group North America’s new manufacturing facility in Cambridge, Ontario in conjunction with their meetings. Chairman McDermott commented “On behalf of the Board, I would like to extend our genuine appreciation to Paul Cassidy and Jim Hammill for Hymer’s tremendous hospitality in welcoming the group. It is always truly memorable when we are provided with an opportunity to visit a Member’s facility”
CRVA also welcomed Brad Harvey, Pro-Lite Manufacturing to the Board and announced that Claude Cote of Gulfstream Coach (25 years on the Board) and Mac Donkin (16 years) from Northern Lite Manufacturing are both retiring. “CRVA extends sincere appreciation to both Claude and Mac for their outstanding commitment and service to the Canadian RV Industry and wishes them continued success and good health in their future”. said Chairman McDermott.
About the Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association:
The Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association has been in existence for over 40 years, and works continually to promote all of the aspects pertaining to the quality and safety in the RVs built by our CRVA member companies in Canada and the United States. To this end, CRVA works closely with accredited companies in order to develop standards and codes specifically for Recreation Vehicles. The Association ensures a continuity of professional standards beneficial to the RV industry and, ultimately, in the best interest of the consumer.
- Important Safety Recall Information – Kidde Fire Extinguishers - January 22, 2018
- Canadian Coach Sales up 38.2% for 11 Months ending November 2017 - January 16, 2018
- CRVA’s Past President Roger Faulkner enters RV/MH Hall of Fame in 2018 - January 5, 2018
- CRVA Wholesale Shipments up by 28.5% YTD vs 2016 - November 24, 2017
- LCI To Unveil OneControl Products at 2018 RVIA Show - November 22, 2017
- Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association holds 1st Board Meeting under new Chairman McDermott - October 5, 2017
- The BUZZ: Canada Set for RVing, Camping Week - May 22, 2017
- CRVA monitors Tiny Homes - July 13, 2016
- CRVA targets younger audience - December 15, 2015
- Announcement of CRVA’s Toronto Spring Camping & RV Show and Sale - August 7, 2015