RV/MH Hall of Fame Selects Class of ’18 Inductees
January 5, 2018 by RV Business
The RV/MH Heritage Foundation Board of Directors announced the names of those who will be honored and inducted into the RV/MH Hall of Fame as members of the Class of 2018. Foundation President Darryl Searer said, “In an extraordinary move, the manufactured housing nominating committee recommended that the Cohron twin brothers (Darrel and Harrel) of Cohron’s Manufactured Homes in Indiana be inducted as one. Harrel is deceased. So, the Class of 2018 includes 11 inductees instead of the usual 10, traditionally five from the manufactured housing industry and five from the recreational vehicle industry.
“Congratulations to the eleven new honorees. All of them have had or are having outstanding careers and are richly deserving of this high honor.”
The Class of 2018 includes:
President & CEO Jayco Inc.
President – General Coach Canada
President, Dicor Corp.
RV Industry Supplier
Rebecca (Becky) Lenington
Executive Vice President, Pennsylvania RV and Camping Association
President and CEO Pleasureland RV
Manufactured Housing Inductees
Michael A. Cirillo
President, Star Management
MH Communities Owner
Darrel Cohron and Harrel Cohron (deceased)
Cohron’s Manufactured Homes
MH Dealer and Community Owner
John Evans – California Manufactured Housing Institute (CMHI)
Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Arizona State MH Associations
Cherry Hill Homes, Inc.
Kentucky – MH Dealer
Searer commended the work of the nominating committees that had to narrow a list of over 60 candidates down to the final eleven selected. MH committee only evaluates the MH nominees and the same for RV.
Searer said, “We continue to be proud of the diversity of this year’s class, not only in the inductee’s gender, but also the diversity of regions within the U.S. as well as the diversion of nominee’s industry segments such as suppliers, manufacturers, dealers, community managers and developers, as well as association executives.”
The Class of 2018 will be officially inducted into the RV/MH Hall of Fame at the Annual Induction Dinner on Monday, Aug. 6 in Elkhart, Ind.
- Important Safety Recall Information – Kidde Fire Extinguishers - January 22, 2018
- Canadian Coach Sales up 38.2% for 11 Months ending November 2017 - January 16, 2018
- CRVA’s Past President Roger Faulkner enters RV/MH Hall of Fame in 2018 - January 5, 2018
- CRVA Wholesale Shipments up by 28.5% YTD vs 2016 - November 24, 2017
- LCI To Unveil OneControl Products at 2018 RVIA Show - November 22, 2017
- Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association holds 1st Board Meeting under new Chairman McDermott - October 5, 2017
- The BUZZ: Canada Set for RVing, Camping Week - May 22, 2017
- CRVA monitors Tiny Homes - July 13, 2016
- CRVA targets younger audience - December 15, 2015
- Announcement of CRVA’s Toronto Spring Camping & RV Show and Sale - August 7, 2015